Kenneth Wise - 19th round - RHP (Santa Fe CC)

Stats FWIW....
Player                 ERA   W-L   APP  GS  CG SHO/CBO SV    IP   H   R  ER  BB  SO  2B  3B  HR   AB B/Avg   WP HBP  BK  SFA SHAKen Wise............  4.20   5-2    12  12   1   0/0    0  60.0  44  46  28  46  60   6   2   5  225  .196    6   5   1    3   1

More walks than hits given up. Project I guess. A wasted pick.

While he's certainly a project, I'd hardly call it a wasted pick. He's a body-bodied, 6'6" pitcher, and while I don't have a clue as to what kind of stuff he has, it's obvious that he's tough to hit as his H/9 and BAA is very good. The amount of walks is troublesome, but as a tall pitcher, he probably has trouble repeating his mechanics. With professional coaching, it's not impossible to imagine him finding a consistent arm slot and limiting the number of walks.

If he develops, then great, we hit on a guy who was a small investment in the 19th round. If he doesn't, then oh well. We took our best shot at it with a guy who may have the stuff to succeed, and in the 19th round, I'd rather take this risk because all picks this late are longshots. At least we got some upside here.

By the way, thank you so much for getting all the stats together. It looks great and saves a lot of us a lot of time! It's much appreciated!

http://perfectgame.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=114295945&f=6174069131&m=3181070002

This kid seems like the definition of a sleeper.

Ken Wise 6-6 190 LBS graduated from Gainesville HS in GA in 2008, was 82-84mph then. Now 91-93 mph, Plus slider 82-84 mph

Wise up: One of the keys to the run to the national championship game for the SFC baseball team was its pitching.

The Saints hope to be able to reload that spot once again and got a strong fall from a key transfer.

Ken Wise, a 6-foot-6, 230-pound transfer from Gordon (Ga.) College made waves for SFC on the hill recently and has a chance to fill in the rotation that includes Gary Merians and Morgan McKinney.

“He really threw hard and did a nice job of locating his pitches,” SFC baseball coach Johnny Wiggs said. “He really improved his velocity (from last season) and we are looking for big things out of him.”

More Merians: Merians, a standout pitcher from Ocala, has decided to wait until later on to sign with a four-year university.

“He had lots of offers and had a lot of big-time schools in to see him,” Wiggs said.

“He’s pitched real well for us and if he has another solid season, it will just solidify his chances of getting to where he wants to be.”

Getting defensive: With 29 new players on its roster for the fall, the SFC baseball team was still able to do the little things right.

“The key for us is that we played solid defense,” Wiggs said.

“We also pitched well and got great leadership from the (six) players we have back from last season.”

Archived